Stock Image: Matte Gray/Matte Black
The Perfect "Do It All" Sportbike
The FZ8 is a "do-it-all" sportbike with amazing all-around performance for both the urban commando and the weekend canyon carver. And at 800cc it splits the difference between a 600 and liter-bike so you get lightweight handling along with great torque… all in a stylish, upright package.
• The 779cc engine combines top end components, including ceramic-composite-coated cylinders and forged aluminum pistons, with a carefully optimized crankshaft to deliver the perfect power curve and torquey performance character for this category.
• The FZ8 fills the gap for sport riders who feel a 600cc is too small and a 1000cc is too big.
• Muscular, naked bike styling gives an aggressive, mass-forward stance. This bike screams attitude.
• Comfortable, upright riding position with a compact design that contributes to the bike’s first-rate handling. This bike simply excels, both in the morning commute and on that spirited weekend ride on a twisty back country road.
• Cast aluminum frame and Controlled-Fill aluminum swingarm is lightweight and provides the ideal rigidity balance for outstanding cornering performance.
• New 779cc liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, inline 4-cylinder, 4-valve engine delivers smooth power delivery and gobs of torque in the low to mid rpm range. But this engine also lets loose with eye-opening horsepower when the revs climb toward redline.
• Fuel-injection with 35mm diameter throttle bodies has optimum intake efficiency and smooth throttle response. Provides precise fuel/air mixtures for awesome power delivery across the rpm range.
• Compact, pent-roof combustion chamber with a high 12.0:1 compression ratio with 26mm intake valves and 22mm exhaust valves contributes both to the superb torque and high-rpm power of this engine.
• Intake funnels for cylinders 2 and 3 are 25mm longer than the two outside cylinders. This tuning trick helps maximize the engine’s punchy torque delivery.
• The FZ8 inherits proven R1/FZ1 technologies, including forged aluminum pistons, fracture split carburized connecting rods, and ceramic-composite-plated cylinders.
• The 68.0mm bore and 53.6mm stroke specifications were carefully chosen to maximize the strong torque characteristics, as was the new crankshaft with optimized inertial mass.
• Wide-ratio 6-speed transmission has ideal ratios for the engine’s performance character.
• 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system looks great and includes a catalytic converter and O2 sensor. Short muffler is mounted low for great looks and excellent mass centralization.
• Cast aluminum frame uses the engine as a stressed member and allows for optimal rigidity balance, light weight, and superb handling. Six engine-mounting points help provide superb longitudinal rigidity.
• Controlled-Fill die-cast aluminum swing arm saves weight and is tuned for excellent handling.
• 43mm inverted fork and a link-type Monocross shock with adjustable preload for light and neutral handling characteristics.
• 310mm front discs, squeezed by monoblock four-piston calipers, and a single 267mm rear disc offer strong stopping power.
• Aggressive chassis geometry with supersport-inspired 51 percent front wheel weight bias. Provides light, nimble handling.
• The generous 4.5 gallon fuel tank, is short front to back, and slender where it meets the rider. The foot pegs and handlebars are also placed for a compact, rider-forward riding position that contributes to the bike’s excellent handling.
• 5-spoke cast aluminum wheels contribute to the light and neutral handling character. This bike sports a 120/70 ZR17 radial tire up front, and a 180/55-ZR17 rear radial to complete the look and serve up the traction.
• “Mass-forward” naked bike styling is accentuated by the headlight design.
• FZ1-style instrument cluster features a great looking tachometer with a white face.